On today’s show we’re talking about: chisel storage, spokeshave use, a jointer buying decision, scrub planes, and rotted sapwood.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is working on the slide for Mateo’s bunk bed
- Shannon took a field trip to the Fiberon composite decking plant
- Matt is applying finish to the sideboard
New podcast: “From the Ground Up”, episode 1.6 History of Plywood
- Damon looks for rust prevention advice for his chisels
- James sings us a watch making song
- Jason needs spokeshave help
- Kyle used glue as a finish
Lumber Industry Update
China may be using a lot of suspect origin lumber…but they’re using it to build things that we buy.
- Brandon wonders if the additional size of an 8″ jointer is worth it over a 6″ model
- Eddie asks if the sapwood is softer than heartwood or more prone to dry rot
- William is looking for a scrub plane but doesn’t want to restore an old plane: Check out this video