On today’s show we’re talking about: rabbets and knickers, the trouble with buying your last tool first, grain direction on a chair seat
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is gearing up for Woodworkers Fighting Cancer
- Matt went to England and built a chair
- Shannon is contemplating a veneer press
Preston shared this story about a Lacey Act violation with illegal Rosewood
- Gord, William, and Doug all gave us nice feedback on the cutback new schedule for the show.
- Tommasso hates crickets
- William shared a good point about warranties being a major difference between Grizzly and Powermatic
- Bowyer Boy asked a question about staining a newly made bow…and did it in verse
- Chris wonders about how furniture holds up over time
- Maren experiences a lot of fatigue with tool use and wonders about a lefty workbench
- Mike has 2K to spend on a router table and has questions about the way forward
- Rud wants to know if grain direction matters when making a chair seat
- Travis needs a replacement blade for his rabbet plane and needs to know how to source it.