On today’s show we’re talking about should you bottom out your tenons, plywood potato chips, and a plywood workbench
And today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware! Be sure to check out Brusso’s Photo Extra newsletter. It’s is a weekly update from Brusso, dedicated to customer-submitted photos. Brusso’s customers work on detailed projects including ring boxes, humidors, keep sakes, gun boxes, and furniture. It’s an excellent source of inspiration for your next project. The newsletter is short, quick, has great photos, and is delivered right to your inbox. To sign up visit Brusso.com/photoextra.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is starting on crest rails for his chairs
- Matt is editing Highboy footage.
- Shannon is finishing with EnduroVar and wants to know why he should ever switch
- Justin shared a video of a guitar build
- Chris shared a video of a tree cross section on a record player.
- Dr Alex shared a craftsman who makes huge wooden clocks
- Adam wants Marc to pick up his dog poop
- Colin thinks Marc should be the Oily Internet Woodworker something or other
- Bob is disappointed in Shannon for not getting his music reference
- Kyle got a boo boo
- Stephen worries that epoxy on a cutting board would dull his knives
- Peter thinks Marc’s nickname is Poops McDomino
- Matt wonders about the Jet 10″ jointer
- Matt is having problems with his scrollsaw templates
- Ryan wants to know how to determine if a log has figure in it
Lumber Industry Update
Shannon talks about the conglomerate nature of African Mahogany (Khaya) and how the paint colors and sawyer marks on the end can help get the same species.
- Wayne wants to know if his tenons should bottom out in the mortise
- Rory wants to buil
- Stephen had some plywood door cup badly