On today’s show, we’re talking about staining complex projects, Matt’s building a solar kiln?!?!, and wood movement in wide boards.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc sold a big ole bandsaw and is getting more power
- Matt is jumping on the shop organization bandwagon
- Shannon built a bookcase live
- The Hand Tool School is having a sale! Save 30% off any semester, project, or apprenticeship by using the code snowpocalypse
- The Farmhouse Table project is still 50% off til the end of the month
- Nick agrees with Matt on having a chop saw in the shop
- Adam called in and has a “short fingered” pianist friend who is amazing
- Tom wants to cut down on sanding
- Gerard is building a countertop and has wood movement questions
- Michael is staining his grandfather clock and doesn’t have HVLP.
- Nick wants to know if Matt is going to build a solar kiln.
- Wade has some 13″ wide boards that are cupping and wants to know how to deal with it.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review