On today’s show we’re talking about differences between rubber gloves, cleaning up squeeze out, troubleshooting an underperforming scraper, and letting boards rest after milling.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc: started building a bed and flaunts his tools
- Shannon: designing a new sharpening station
- Matt: playing with Lincoln logs and a sofa table
- Michael shared a link for some cool folding chairs
- Sean made a great video on router based inlay.
- There is a new woodworking podcast out there called The Dusty Life Podcast
- Eric has had no problems with his ResawKing blade on his 14″ bandsaw
- Daniel did go with the smaller dust collector and really like the space savings
- Ryan finally got a “real” dust collector and has stopped getting shocked by his shop vac
- Frank thinks our solutions for a 45 degree zero clearance insert won’t work because the blade will rise straight up.
- Jerkface42one informs us that David double dipped on his bench question with “that other podcast”
- Jeremy wants to know what kind of rubber glove we use for finishing and why. Marc found a link on the topic that goes into more detail than we will ever know.
- Bill is new to glue up and wants to know when to remove the dried glue so he doesn’t ruin his finish
- John isn’t getting glassy smooth surfaces from his card scraper and wants to know what he is doing wrong.
- Matt wants to know if we stack and sticker our lumber after milling and before moving on.