On today’s show we’re talking about the intimidation of getting started, 45 degree zero clearance inserts, using a carbide bandsaw blade, and choosing a dust collector.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc: not much still designing a bed
- Shannon: getting to make a campaign stool
- Matt: wrapping up the sofa table and getting to edit lots of video..
- Did you know that woodworkers make the best boyfriends?
- “The Elements of Style”, a very informative video by The Metropolitan Museum
- Here is a detailed video on the making of a violin
- Todd and Dusty both chime in with positive thoughts on shapers instead of router tables
- James thinks sped up woodworking videos might give someone learning the wrong impression of how to work.
- Miles doesn’t like being called a carpenter either, and he is one…kinda
- Dusty urges us to check out Len Hovarter’s quick release vise.
- Roberto wants a zero clearance insert for 45 degree cuts on his table saw.
- Trevor needs some advice on just getting started and overcoming his fear of screwing things up.
- Jerkface42one is concerned about using a carbide bandsaw blade on his 14″ bandsaw.
- Daniel wants to know whether to get a 3HP dust collector or save money and go with a 1.5HP model.