Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso hardware. Use the code “WoodTalk” and save 10% off your first order at Brusso.com
On today’s show, we’re talking about shop sub-floors, files for restoring saws, basement woodworking, purpleheart resin, acute angles, and making big projects in small spaces.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc has gotten his lights in the shop installed and is getting ready to build an arcade cabinet
- Matt is…wait for it…making a bandsaw mill.
- Shannon is finishing up his Christmas turning
- Making It hit their 100th episode and had a great event in Boston, congrats Bob, Dave, and Jimmy
- Fine Woodworking Live registration is now open. The event will be held in Southbridge, MA on April 21-23, 2017
- Larry cautioned Marc about getting more estimates on a mini split
- Lex is a professional industrial hygienist and had some good feedback on air filters and dust masks
- Joe is looking for finish recommendations and heat for basement shop
- AJ has a big project in small space problem
- Jason is getting Purpleheart resin surfacing on his cutting board
- Steve wants to know why riftsawn lumber is beter to hide a glue line than quartersawn?
- Michael wants to know how to cut acute angles on his tablesaw
- Dane is moving into a new shop and is wondering about flooring and subflooring and the ability to support heavy tools
- Wilson is getting started on restoring saws and wonders which files to use.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review