On today’s show we’ve got a ton of topics as we play catchup. And we have a very special guest……..
…welcome to the show, The Podfather himself, Matt Vanderlist!!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is doing refinishing projects for his family
- Shannon is failing with Marquetry and working with Chestnut for the first time
- Matt C built a bandsaw mill in a week
- Matt V is due for his annual video and built a bed bench
Jacob found a craftsman who will make you want to quit woodworking
Shannon will be attending the Brown Tool Show and Auction at the end of March (29 & 30) in York, PA. Come on out and say hi.
- Greg bought a top for his bench from a local cabinet shop as his rite of passage project
- Ted was shocked at how much movement he saw in his composite decking boards
Lumber Industry Update
Talk of the extreme cold killing off the Emerald Ash Borer may be overstated.
- Mike wants to know what kind of Festool sandpaper we use
- Shannon asks about wood movement in large case sides and why no breadboard-ish solution is used
- Eric is building a buffet from Wenge and is looking for structural advice
- Eddie asks Matt which epoxy to use for certain situations
- Dan wonders how much one should invest when getting started with hand planes
- No name wonders if sawing to the line should be done or leaving a bit of room to chisel to is better
- Matthew asks about the best way to flatten a large end grain log cookie
- Barry is getting bushing schmutz while turning with a mandrel and wants to avoid transferring it to his lighter wood projects
- Maron needs help deciphering all the sciency wood finishing jargon
Thanks for everything folks. Its been an amazing 10 years and we could NOT have done it without all of you. Seriously the listener interaction, the inside jokes, and the desire to keep doing the show all came from you, the listeners. Thank you!