On today’s show we’re talking about: Struggling to get started on a project, shellac and wax finish, sharpening issues and the MK.II jig, book recommendations, and hollowing with hand tools
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware! Are you looking for inspiration for your next project? Brusso Hardware features amazing customer-submitted projects in their Photo Extra newsletter. It’s updated every week and showcases the dedication and craftsmanship of your fellow woodworkers. What kind of projects you ask? How about keepsake boxes, humidors, furniture, and more! They also share their thoughts behind the process. If you want a sweet dose of inspiration delivered straight to your inbox, then sign up by visiting Brusso.com/photoextra
What’s On the Bench
- Marc has started his executive desk and is playing with wood bleach to get even colors between solid and plywood.
- Shannon started on a side table, top first
- The Highland Woodworker is back!
- Jacob wants to know what this fancy electric planer is all about.
- Robots are building our furniture?!
- Glen was surprised to see a disclaimer required to purchase a dowel jig at Elkhead Tools
- Craig has some kickback on helical planer heads
- Daniel has feedback on woodworking books vs videos
- Nate is playing with Shellac and wax and having issues
- Nick has sharpening woes
- Jeremiah wonders if we have doubts about our skills or designs when it comes to building using someone else’s money
- Joe is making a snare drum by hand and needs help hollowing the inside of the staves