On today’s show we’re talking about: cheap chisels, the worst woodworking fads, the Woodsmith Shop, end-grain table tops, case miters, and cherry alternatives
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware. Spring into big savings with Brusso’s Knife Hinge Sale! From April 9th through April 16th, all center and offset pivot hinges will be 40% off when you order online at Brusso.com. Brusso’s knife hinges are perfect for aspiring furniture and cabinet makers. This is a limited time offer that you don’t want to miss! Sign up for their newsletter or visit their website at Brusso.com/sale for complete details. Sale is good on web orders only and NOT to be combined with any other offers. visit their website at Brusso.com and use coupon code “WOODTALK” at checkout to get an ADDITIONAL 10% off your order! Please note, this coupon code is good for one use only. So if you used it in the past, it won’t be valid for this sale.
- Nathaniel is building a pantry shelf and wonders about the right joinery for the job
- Andrew wonders if it is worth buying cheap chisels and sharpening them over premium chisels.
- William asks what our least favorite woodworking fads are and encourages us to let the hate flow
- Billy wonders why we never talk about the Woodsmith Shop TV show?
- Wil needs help making carcass miters more consistently
- Cody is considering an end grain table top and wants to know our thoughts on it