On today’s show we’re talking about amber water-based finish, what’s the deal with Drill presses, and how to use a moisture meter.
Don’t forget to check out Brusso’s new Photo Extra Newsletter!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is fixing the signs at his son’s daycare
- Matt is slabbing logs
- Shannon is preparing for a speaking gig at The Washington Area Woodworking Guild, 5/16 at 7:30
- Tommy shared this video from Fine Woodworking, “no wood is bad wood”
- Charles Neil is filming a pilot on antique furniture for PBS
- Michael shared a video of a Wind Powered Sawmill
- Matt will be teaching at the Woodworker’s Club of Houston on July 8th
- Glen shared a sawdust bucket tip
- Wolf shared an important safety tip
- Steve likes the lumber industry update and wants more stories from the high end world of wood
- Matt wonders if we would every consider CD/DVD treatments of the show archive
Kendall found some Red Grandis and wonders about some of the unusual species out there. Use alternate exotic species in order to create a market and utilize more of the forest concessions.
- “Steve” is looking for ways to get an oil color with a water borne finish
- Eric is shopping for drill presses and wonders about floor standing vs benchtop models
- John wants to know how to use his moisture meter
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review