On today’s show, we’re talking about chisel recommendations for a newb, when to stop face jointing, static explosions, and movement in manufactured furniture
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is starting to design a dining chair
- Matt is building his son’s bed and using a drawknife
- Shannon almost botched a glue up
- Check out the Modern Maker Podcast
- Wilbur and Jonathan both shared this video of a trestle table.
- Josh called in to say Marc ruined an old friendship and took beer money from his pocket
- Nick wants to know when Marc is going to add Matt’s bio to the podcast description
AJ is wondering if he can veneer over top of Melamine
- Ron wants to know if the static discharge from dust collection does really need a ground wire along the entire run
- Harvey wants to know what big furniture manufacturers do about wood movement that is shipped all over the country
- Jason is looking for recommendations for a beginner set of chisels.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review