On today’s show we’re talking about removing mill marks in boards, dovetail orientation for casework, non traditional table designs with regard to wood movement, the trend of sped up woodworking videos, moving from a dry climate to a humid one, being called carpenter instead of woodworker, and a look back at the project’s we’ve made in 2015. And….
…Welcome to the show Matt Cremona
What’s On the Bench
- Marc: nothing except eggnog, but go check out the new Wood Whisperer Giveaway
- Shannon: made more this Christmas than any elf should be asked to make
- Matt: Working on the sofa table, coming soon to a Guild build near you.
- (marc) Not only did Matt leave the show in 2015, our buddy Tom Iovino pulled back from podcasting and blogging as well. We wish them both well. Matt had this say:
As I head into the great unknown that is my new life as a ‘former co-host’ of possibly the greatest collaborative woodworking podcast, I can’t begin to express how much I appreciate the kind words and fond farewells all of you kind folks have sent me directly and left posted on the Wood Talk Website. You all are better than tacos, and stretchy pants to this woodworker in a basement!
- David shared with us a gallery of 365 spoons all made with hand tools
- Andrew Klein has 2 new inventions, a new clamp
plus he has already improved it based on testing, click on the annotation to learn about that.and an improved Twin Screw Vise
- Ted Boscana has been named the Master of the New Williamsburg Joiners Shop, congrats Ted
- John had an amazing experience on the WoodTalk forum and wanted to say thank you
- Eric wants to know why the Domino gets so much hate and why a router wouldn’t work just as well
- Tommassso named his shaper and is now scared of Shetar, the Destroyer of Men
- Jimmy finds sped up videos annoying
- Kyle has moved from dry California to humid Connecticut and wants to know what to look out for with his tools and wood
- NoNameSadGuy is sad about Matt leaving and wants to know if we get annoyed by being called a carpenter
- Eric needs advice on sanding a very rough slab of lumber
- Joe has concerns about a specific table design
- Wilbur is curious where he should place his dovetails on different sized cases